Yorkshire CD books
Old and rare Yorkshire books on CDrom or as pdf file downloads
"Yorkshire, Past and Present"
by Thomas Baines
CD ROM and
Note that a download will be set up manually and therefore will not be instant.
produced by Yorkshire CD books ©
The Price for the CDrom is post paid to your door only if in the U.K.
We no longer post CDroms abroad due to the high cost (over £4)
Please request a download if you are outside the U.K.
For sample pages, please see the links to the Acrobat (pdf) files given below.
on this CD rom/
downloadable pdf is computer searchable.
Yorkshire: Past and Present
A History and Description of the three Ridings of
the great County of York
from the earliest ages to the year 1870
With an account of its commerce and Civil and Mechanical
by Thomas Baines
An account of the Woolen Trade of Yorkshire
by Edward Baines MP
About the book:
As can be seen from the photograph above, this publication
consists of four books. These are divided into two volumes, each
volume consisting of just over 700 pages. Each book measures just
over 9 inches by just under 12 inches and is 1.5 inches thick.
In good condition these 4 books sell for around 100 pounds.
Each of the books contain 7 very detailed plates (both people
and places), with the exception of the last one which contains
only 6 plates.
Contents of the book - information here on line:
- A Transciption of the index.
- A summary of the contents of the Chapters.
- Extractions from the CDrom in pdf (Acrobat) format:
Volume I :
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE COUNTY OF YORK.
- West Riding
- North Riding
- East Riding
- The Climate, Rainfall, Rivers, Seaports, and Coasts of Yorkshire
- The Early History of the County of York
- Settlement of the Angles or English in Yorkshire
- The Angles or Early English in Yorkshire
- The Danish Invasion of England, and the Settlement of the
Danes and Norwegians in Yorkshire
- Yorkshire under the Norman and Plantagenet Kings.
- The wars for the succession to the English Crown in the fifteenth
- Yorkshire under the House of Tudor
- Yorkshire under the House of Stuart
- Yorkshire under the House of Hanover
Volume II :
- History of the City of York
- History of the Borough of Leeds
- History of the Borough of Bradford
- History of the Borough of Halifax
- History of the Borough of Huddersfield
- History of the Borough of Dewsbury
- History of the Borough of Wakefield
- History of the Borough of Sheffield
- History of the Borough of Kingston upon Hull
- History of the Borough of Scarborough
- History of the Borough of Whitby
- History of the Borough of Middlesbrough
- The West Riding
- The North Riding
- The East Riding
- The Ainsty and City of York
- Yorkshire at the 1871 Census
If you would prefer the real book(s), please contact The Idle Booksellers through their website.
Page last updated at 11.25 on Wednesday, 03 February 2021, ©2010
(This page will not be updated again unless the information on it is found to be incorrect).
For the latest update date for the site, please see our Home Page.